Under general supervision, the Estimator’s position will required participation in all aspects of the bid / estimating process; review of plans and writing specifications, developing invitation to bid’s, soliciting and negotiating prices from subcontractors / vendors, interaction with co-workers / architects / engineers on a daily basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Computes cost factors and prepares estimates for purposes such as planning, organizing and scheduling work
· Communicates with architects and consultants to clarify scope of work, materials, and schedule requirements; plus documents these clarifications.
· Reviews the design documents and participates in meetings with clients and designers to obtain a thorough understanding of the project scope.
· Participates in value engineering studies to minimize costs.
· Prepares detailed estimates of entire scope of assigned trades, building system, and/or overall project cost.
· Analyzing existing site conditions and all contract documents (plans, specifications, etc.) to determine any required scope that is not indicated.
· Develops the final assembly of estimate (specification) for presentation to the owner.
· Obtaining and evaluating subcontractor proposals relative to their scope of work. Determining if scope is covered and managing risk of scope gaps.
· Prepares scope requisitions (purchase orders) for assigned trades.
· Establishes and maintains effective and professional relationships with internal and external clients consistent with company values.
· Other tasks and projects as assigned.
Proficient with computer software programs including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and Gnatt Charts. Experience with CoConstruct, Bluebeam and AutoCad a plus. Must be able to work independently and as part of a team with a customer service focused attitude.
Education and/or Experience:
1 to 3 years of construction estimating experience preferred. Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university program with an emphasis on construction management, or related field preferred.
Communicate well both orally and in writing as needed to establish effective working relationships with others, i.e., internal staff, clients, consultants and plan review professionals. Exhibits exceptional customer service skills with the ability to respond to common inquires or complaints from clients, coworkers and/or supervisors.
Strong organizational, math and analytical skills with the ability to multi-task and handle deadline pressures. Excellent attention to detail. Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications. Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Experience: Construction estimating: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: One location