Join our dynamic team at Tongue & Groove, the leading Design-Build firm in Wilmington and the surrounding area. Founded in 2003 by a visionary with a keen eye for design, we earned the prestigious title of National Custom Home Builder of the Year in 2020, recognized by the National Association of Homebuilders. At Tongue & Groove, our employees strive to be the best, embracing a humble heart while celebrating both professional and personal successes.
As an Interior Designer, you are responsible for supporting the growth and success of Tongue & Groove Design + Build, working collaboratively with homeowners and Tongue & Groove personnel. It is imperative to provide world-class service, maintaining the highest level of Interior Design services consistent with the goals and aspirations of the homeowner and the unique luxury approach that serves as the hallmark of the Tongue & Groove brand.
1. Working collaboratively with the Owner, Architect, 3-D Renderer, Project Manager or Supervisor, and Estimator on conceptual, schematic, design development, construction documents and production activities to develop, manage, monitor, and record the technical aspects of the interior design phase of all Design/Build projects, developing a timeline for the interior design process and cost estimates, as appropriate. As an Interior Designer it is your responsibility to manage the interior design schedule and meeting cycle to ensure project timelines and milestones are met.
2. Utilizing the homeowners' Pre-design checklist, inspirational ideas from Pinterest, and other design resources, work collaboratively with the Architect to understand the client's goals and aspirations for their new home and prepare a presentation for the Pre-design meeting, including a Base-Better-Best comparison. Working with the Owner and Architect, create the design proposal and contract and actively participate in the Pre-design meeting to secure the contract for design services.
3. Utilizing client input from the Interior Design Questionnaire, prepare a preliminary design mood board and concepts presentation—schematic floorplans developed by hand. Schedule the initial Background Selections meetings to discuss the homeowner's goals for interior materials and furnishing, including but not limited to lighting, furniture, wall niches, flooring, plumbing fixtures, cabinetry, countertops, rugs, and art/accessories—layout schedule and specs/selections for interior design, and construction administration in CoConstruct.
4. Preparing final interior design plans utilizing computer applications to create aesthetically appealing images for the homeowners and scheduling meetings as necessary to finalize specifications for all interior design materials and finishes. ID Set of plans to include flooring and tile, interior trim and doors, drywall, interior wall elevations, cabinet, and casework designs, reflected ceiling plans including ceiling details, lighting, HVAC, and AV.
5. Throughout the design phase retrieve final approvals on the selections and the proposed budget.
6. Develop Revit models from ID set of plans from the "clay model" phase to photorealistic matching colors, finishes, etc. Work with other 3D artists in the office at hand-off points, delivering full branded spec packages in Excel, PowerPoint, and physical samples.
1. Creating and maintaining interior design schedules to keep the build process on schedule and within budget.
2. Managing all project deliverables, including, but not limited to, ordering and installation, and meeting overall project installation/design schedules associated with interior materials, finishes, lighting, furniture, wall niches, flooring, plumbing fixtures, cabinetry, countertops, rugs, art/accessories, and other related materials to staying within budget and ensuring a quality building and interior installation experience for the homeowner.
3. Actively work with vendors, fabricators, field personnel, and all subcontractors to ensure all finishing materials are ordered and are onsite when needed to keep the building project within budget and as scheduled.
4. Working closely with the Project Manager & Project Supervisor on the jobsite to manage installs, address problems and challenges during the building process, and keep the homeowner informed of outstanding design decisions or changes. Working with the T&G team and homeowner to establish the move- in date and determine the scope of the "reveal" and homeowner orientation. I.e., get the homeowner's signoffs on soft-goods packages (rugs/furniture/art), plan, facilitate, etc.
● Proficiency in design-related programs including but not limited to Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe® Photoshop, Adobe® Illustrator, Bluebeam, and Microsoft Office Suite.
● Proven Proficiency in designing and drawing interior design drawing plan sets, graphic presentations, 3D renderings, and construction drawings consistent with the Tongue and Groove brand.
● Strong organizational and time management skills
● Strong communication skills, including both verbal and nonverbal skills, to adjust to the client's communication needs.
● Strong leadership, customer orientation, and listening skills.
● Professional and proactive work ethic.
● Exhibits a high level of integrity.
● Demonstrates superior work ethic.
● Possesses a “can do” and positive approach to work, always moving forward to success.
● Consistently challenges the status quo.
● Turns problems and issues into opportunities for success.
● Warrior’s Spirit: Work hard with urgency; desire to be the best; make the numbers.
● Servant’s Heart: Have a humble heart; follow the golden rule; serve the client.
● Fun Loving Attitude: Celebrate successes; enjoy your work and those you work with; don’t take yourself too seriously.
● Never compromise quality or coolness.