Join our dynamic team at Tongue & Groove, the leading Design-Build firm in Wilmington and the surrounding area. Founded in 2003 by a visionary with a keen eye for design, we earned the prestigious title of National Custom Home Builder of the Year in 2020, recognized by the National Association of Homebuilders. At Tongue & Groove, our employees strive to be the best, embracing a humble heart while celebrating both professional and personal successes.
1. Client Relationship and Sales: a. Actively sell Tongue & Groove’s Maintenance Services to clients served through construction and realty services. b. Grow revenue from small one-off repair projects and on-going property maintenance services.
2. Project Completion and Warranty: a. Work with project supervisors to prepare a punch list for new construction projects. b. Coordinate with subcontractors and vendors for punch list items. c. Serve as the point of contact for homeowners on warranty plans and maintenance plans.
3. Home Inspection and Repairs: a. Address punch list items from home inspections, including executing small repairs. b. Coordinate subcontractors, vendors, and Tongue & Groove field personnel as needed.
4. Home Maintenance and Repairs: a. Perform home maintenance, repairs, and renovation projects. b. Develop estimates and maintenance schedules. c. Ensure homeowners' expectations are met during maintenance or repair.
5. Safety and Quality Control: a. Maintain a safe work site by implementing safety policies and observing regulations. b. Manage quality control, inspecting work, and authorizing payments.
6. Field Staff Management: a. Plan and direct maintenance or repair activities of field staff. b. Approve work by subcontractors and address any issues.
7. Customer Relationships: a. Build sustainable customer relationships that lead to custom design and build home sales.
8. Financial Management: a. Assist in building profitable margins for the company's healthy growth.
9. Communication and Reporting: a. Maintain regular and clear communication with the company. b. Become proficient in using company software. c. Provide reports and data as requested by the manager.
10. Additional Responsibilities: Perform other tasks as requested by the manager.
● Exhibits a high level of integrity.
● Demonstrates superior work ethic.
● Possesses a “can do” and positive approach to work, always moving forward to success.
● Consistently challenges the status quo.
● Turns problems and issues into opportunities for success.
● Warrior’s Spirit: Work hard with urgency; desire to be the best; make the numbers.
● Servant’s Heart: Have a humble heart; follow the golden rule; serve the client.
● Fun Loving Attitude: Celebrate successes; enjoy your work and those you work with; don’t take yourself too seriously.
● Never compromise quality or coolness
Monday through Friday, 8am to 5 pm.
Occasional weekend work for client emergencies and designated on call weekend.
General hand tools required to perform the work, to include but not limited to, tool bag and belt, hammer, tape measure, various pliers and wrenches, file kit, chisel kit. All Special tools and electronic tools to be provided by the company.