General Description :
The Receptionist is responsible for managing the day-to-day general office activities for Tongue & Groove. The Receptionist’s main objective is to make our clients feel welcome, while at Tongue & Groove, which includes having the office organized. The right candidate will have great communication skills, a fun-loving attitude, and an eagerness to learn about this industry, as well as a natural urgency to complete tasks to the best of his/her ability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Serves visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately.
- Notifies company personnel of visitor arrival.
- Answer, screen, and forward incoming phone calls.
- Ensure reception area and all common areas are tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms and brochures).
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email.
- Receive, sort, and distribute daily mail/deliveries.
- Order front office supplies and keep inventory of stock.
- Update calendars and schedule meetings.
- Ensure meeting rooms are tidy and presentable prior to any schedule meeting.
- Arrange travel and accommodations.
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, errands, etc.
Education, Experience and Required Core Competencies :
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in an office environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office/Office 365.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong phone skills.
- Multi-tasking ability.
- Prioritizing tasks without guidance.
- Strong organizational skills and a keen attention to detail.
- Professional and proactive work ethic.
- A strong desire to be the best.
Job Type : Full-time