The Architect is responsible for supporting the growth and success of Tongue & Groove Design + Build by working collaboratively with homeowners and Tongue & Groove personnel to provide world-class service and produce world-class designs consistent with the goals and aspirations of the homeowner and the unique luxury approach that serves as the hallmark of Tongue & Groove’s brand.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
1. Participating in initial sales meetings with prospective clients to explore their goals and aspirations, explain Tongue and Groove’s unique luxury approach to home design, and ensure they understand what makes Tongue & Groove unique in the market.
2. Working collaboratively with the Owner and the Interior Designer to develop architectural programs and homeowner presentations to support all phases of Tongue & Groove’s design process.
3. Creating schematic drawings, design development drawings, and construction plans and working closely with the homeowners and the Interior Designer on making revisions and updates, as necessary, to meet the needs of the homeowner and unique site conditions.
4. Securing written homeowner approval for all phases of the design process and keeping the owner and Operations Manager abreast of project status to ensure timely execution of and billing for T&G’s design services.
5. In collaboration with the Owner and Interior Designer, as appropriate, preparing client presentations for all design-related client/homeowner meetings, including but not limited to the Pre-design, Schematic Review, Design Development, Construction Document, and Final Budget meetings.
6. Working collaboratively with the Owner, Interior Designer, and Operations Manager to ensure proper execution of all contract deliverables outlined in T&G’s Design Proposals.
7. When appropriate, preparing preliminary submittals to the homeowner’s association (HOA), making reasonable accommodations requested by the HOA, and preparing the final submittal to the HOA.
8. Working collaboratively with the Owner, Surveyors, Engineering Consultants, to prepare “permit” sets of plans for various government entities like the State, County, and City.
9. Preparing construction plans, engaging job-specific contractors to address unique details and conditions related to constructability.
10. Working closely with the 3-D rendering team to ensure the rendering captures the essence of the design.
11. When construction begins, providing project oversight and support to the project team to ensure the residence is built in compliance with the plans and specifications approved by the homeowner.
Education, Experience, and Core Competencies:
· 5 Year Master of Architecture Degree from an accredited University. Licensed Architect in the State of North Carolina preferred. 5-years of experience in the luxury residential home design and construction sector.
· Naturally creative, detailed, crisp hand drafting skills, artistic sketching skills of various subjects outside of architecture.
· Proven track record of working well in a collaborative “team” environment. We achieve better results collectively.
· Self-starter, self-motivated, ownership mindset.
· Proficiency with Auto Cad, Sketchup, and Bluebeam.
· Strong organizational skills and client relationship skills.
· Proven track record in the design of luxury/world-class designs.
· Attention to detail.
· Professional and proactive work ethic.