The Interior Designer is responsible for supporting the growth and success of Tongue and Groove working collaboratively with homeowners and Tongue and Groove personnel to provide world-class service maintaining the highest level of Interior Design services consistent with the goals and aspirations of the homeowner and the unique luxury approach that serves as the hallmark of the Tongue and Groove brand.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
For Design Services include:
1. Working collaboratively with the Owner, Architect, 3-D Renderer, Project Super and Estimator on conceptual, schematic, design development and production activities to develop, manage, monitor, and record the technical aspects of the interior design phase of all Design/Build projects, developing a timeline for the interior design process and cost estimates, as appropriate.
2. Utilizing the homeowners Pre-design checklist, inspirational ideas from Pinterest, and other design resources, work collaboratively with the Architect to understand the client’s goals and aspirations for their new home and prepare a presentation for the Pre-design meeting, to include a Base-Better-Best comparison. Working with the Owner, Client Services Manager and Architect create the design proposal and contract in Co-Construct and actively participate in the Pre-design meeting to secure the contract for design services.
3. Utilizing client input from the Interior Design Questionnaire, prepare preliminary design mood board and concepts presentation. Schematic floorplans developed by hand. Schedule the initial Background Selections meetings to discuss the homeowner’s goals for interior materials and furnishing, including but not limited to lighting, furniture, wall niches, flooring, plumbing fixtures, cabinetry, countertops, rugs, art/accessories. Layout schedule and specs/selections for interior design, and construction administration in CoConstruct.
4. Preparing final interior design plans utilizing computer applications to create aesthetically appealing images for the homeowners and scheduling meetings as necessary to finalize specifications for all interior design materials and finishes.
ID Set of plans to include flooring and tile, interior trim and doors, drywall, interior wall elevations, cabinet and casework designs, reflected ceiling plans including ceiling details, lighting, HVAC, and AV.
5. Throughout the design phase retrieving final approvals on the selections and the proposed budget.
6. Develop SketchUp models from ID set of plans from “clay model” phase to photorealistic matching colors, finishes, etc. Work with other 3D artists in the office at hand-off points, delivering full branded spec package, in excel and PowerPoint along with physical samples.
For Build Services include:
1. Creating and maintaining interior design schedules and matrices to keep the build process on schedule and within budget.
2. Managing all project deliverables, including, not limited to, ordering and installation, and meeting overall project installation/design schedules associated with interior materials, finishes, lighting, furniture, wall niches, flooring, plumbing fixtures, cabinetry, countertops, rugs, art/accessories and other related materials to staying within budget and ensuring a quality building and interior installation experience for the homeowner.
3. Actively working with vendors, fabricators, field personal, and all subcontractors to ensure all finishing materials are ordered and are onsite when needed to keep the build project within budget and as scheduled.
4. Working closely with the Project Super on the jobsite to manage installs, address problems and challenges that arise during the building process, and keep the homeowner informed of outstanding design decisions or changes. Working with the T&G team and homeowner to establish the move-in date and determine the scope of the “reveal” and homeowner orientation. I.e. get sign off’s from homeowner on soft goods packages (rugs/furniture/art), plan the move, facilitate the move, etc.
Education, Experience, and Required Core Competencies:
· Bachelor’s degree in Interior design or Architecture.
· Proficiency in design-related programs including but not limited to AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe® PhotoShop, Adobe® Illustrator, and Microsoft Office Suite.
· Proven proficiency in designing and drawing interior design drawing plan sets; graphic presentations, 3D renderings, and construction drawings consistent with the Tongue and Groove brand.
· Strong organizational and time management skills.
· Strong communication skills to include both verbal and nonverbal skills in order to adjust to the communication needs of the client.
· Strong leadership, customer orientation, and listening skills.
· Professional and proactive work ethic.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Wilmington, NC 28403: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- AutoCAD: 5 years (Required)
- One location