The Interior Decorator is responsible for supporting the growth and success of Tongue & Groove, working collaboratively with homeowners and the company personnel to provide world-class service maintaining the highest level of Interior Decorating services consistent with the goals and aspirations of the homeowner and the unique luxury approach that serves as the hallmark of the Tongue & Groove Design + Build brand.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Meet Directly with Clients
2. Develop Decorative Plans
3. Select Decorative Elements
4. Purchase Decorative Elements
5. Install and Arrange Decorations
6. Manage Budgets and Schedules
Education, Experience and Required Core Competencies:
· Degree in Interior design.
· Extensive knowledge of the principles and practices of design (know how to balance color, flow and unity to ensure that all the decorative elements work together).
· High level of creativity.
· Knowledge of design-related programs including but not limited to AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe® PhotoShop, Adobe® Illustrator, and Microsoft Office Suite.
· Strong financial and time management skills.
· Strong communication skills to include both verbal and nonverbal skills in order to adjust to the communication needs of the client.
· Strong leadership, customer orientation, and listening skills.
· Professional and proactive work ethic.
Salary & Benefits:
· $25k to $35k base salary
· Commission on sales
· Holiday & Vacation Pay
· Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
· 401k Plan
· Cell Phone