Project Superintendents are responsible for the day to day onsite management of all construction activities associated with their assigned Tongue and Groove construction project(s) ensuring all work is completed in keeping with the world-class quality and luxury that serves as the hallmark of the Tongue and Groove brand.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
1. Working with the Project Manager to ensure a proper handoff to the “construction” phase of the project.
a. Reviewing the subs & vendor partners for the project, PO/WO review
b. Coordinating the baseline construction schedule
c. Coordinating the project QC checklists needed
d. Collaborate with the team to close the gaps before construction starts
2. Scheduling, coordinating, and managing the daily construction activities of assigned projects to include:
a. Ensuring projects are built to the requirements and specifications established by construction drawings, building codes, and client expectations.
b. Monitoring production schedules, critical project paths, and trade contractor schedules to ensure projects remain on schedule.
c. Monitoring project quality and cost control to safeguard profit margin.
d. Maintaining a clean, safe project site at all times.
3. Guiding and directing field employees, trade contractors, and suppliers to include:
a. Assisting carpenters and trade contractors on tasks, when necessary.
b. Explaining and ensuring compliance of safety programs to all onsite personnel.
c. Explaining quality expectations, ensuring projects are built to quality standards, and striving for no-defect construction.
d. Delivering QC checklists and follow up for every phase of the assigned projects.
4. Working collaboratively with the Project Manager to ensure that all necessary materials and trade contractors are scheduled as necessary and arrive on time including:
a. Receiving, inspecting, and verifying all deliverables.
b. Checking vendor and trade contractor invoices and approving for payment.
5. Communicating with clients on jobsites, answering their questions, and ensuring that construction meets their expectations.
6. Consulting with the project manager, architect, and operations manager on plan revisions. Communicating what those changes mean to the Project Manager (if there is one, if not to the client directly), vis-a-vis impacts to the schedule and the cost.
7. Conducting pre-closing walk-throughs with clients and coordinating punch list work.
Education, Experience and Core Competencies:
· 5 years of residential construction experience
· Are they any systems or software skills required.
· Strong organizational skills and field crew relationship skills.
· Attention to detail.
· Professional and proactive work ethic.
*Preference will be shown toward candidates with a 4 -year construction related degree.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year